WE ARE MOVING THE SHOW!!!
It has been different this year with COVID-19, shelter in place and all the other disruptions. Car Shows are still cancelling, which has caused everyone to reassess their plans. Like me, many of you have been out driving your cars and some clubs, like the NE Georgia Mustang Club, have put together cruises just so we could see each other and drive our cars.
Many of you are wanting to know if the Maggie Valley Car Show is still on and the answer is NO and YES! The NE Georgia Mustang Club’s Fall Car Show will not take place at the usual location at the Maggie Valley Festival Grounds. That is the NO part of the answer.
The YES part of the answer is we are moving the show to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds at 1311 Music Hall Rd, in Hiawassee, GA 30546.
The Additional good news is that we are adding Friday, October 2, as a second day full of activities. The car show will be held on Saturday, October 3 as usual. We are excited!!!!
NE Georgia Mustang Club has been in contact with John Clor, Enthusiast Communications Manager / FORD PERFORMANCE ; Steve Prewitt, President of the Mustang Club of America and our vendors. After several discussions and calls, we have decided to move our event to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds in Hiawassee, GA. Everyone is excited. Ford Performance has committed to coming and John Clor is planning to speak just before the awards. John even mentioned that Dick Nesbitt the designer of the Mustang II is interested in the show.
This year the Mustang II Club will be holding their Mustang II Reunion V at the show and they are pumped to be coming to Hiawassee, GA. FYI, The first people to register on Motosho this year were Mustang II owners. Steve Prewitt, president of the Mustang Club of America is bringing his Mustang II. Many vendors have called and said they are coming and some have offered some cool goody bag stuff. We are well on the way to a very successful show.
This is how the show will play out. We have a drop dead date of August 14th as this is the latest that we can wait before we have to commit to having shirts and awards made. Georgia as you know is calling the shots for social gatherings and that will be the determining factor for our decision. Right now, Georgia is open to car shows as long as everyone social distances and wears a mask.
This year the show will be popular vote show. At the show, clubs and friends can park together or in close proximity to each other. That way you will most likely be next to someone you know.
We are asking everyone to register on Motosho so that we can have dash cards prepared when you arrive which will help avoid large gatherings of people around the registration desk. We want to have a fun show and at the same time keep everyone safe. We are forging ahead as usual continuing our planning for the show. The host hotel is the Lake Chatuge Lodge .
· Hiawassee is a cool vacation destination. Here is a link for things to do and see around Hiawassee.
· If this is your first time coming to Georgia, check out the scenic Richard Russell Parkway and Brasstown Bald which is the highest point in Georgia and Helen, GA known for its vineyards and Bavarian-style buildings. If you have time it is only 58 miles to the Tail of the Dragon and 68 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
· We are having a meet and greet from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM, on Friday afternoon with John Clor and others.
· Preregistration is on Motosho and there will be registration at the show from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM on Friday and from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Saturday.
· We have a location to park trailers
· Jacky Jones’ private car collection tours will be available
· Memory Lane Museum
· Cruise on Friday
· There is camping on the site and a Georgia Clogging Competition at the music hall Saturday night.
· Motels are booking up fast so go ahead and register.
Lake Chatuge Lodge – Hiawassee, GA – 800-613-4349, host hotel
Holiday Inn Express – Hiawassee, GA – 706-896-8884
Chatuge Mountain Inn – Hayesville, NC – 828-389-3000
Georgia Mountain Fairground Campgrounds – Hiawassee, GA – 706-896-4149
Other information will follow as details become finalized.
If you have already registered your registration will go towards this event in its new location. Please pass this on to your friends, as we may not have their contact information. If you have any questions, call me, Steve Harrison, at 404-427-2264.
We will send monthly email updates from this point forward. If you know of anyone that would like to be on the email contact list, send me their name and email address to Steve Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org